Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dear Mom,

I have many fond memories of watching and spending time with you. As a little girl, I remember you cooking kielbasa for supper (still one of my favorites!), and I remember you letting me sit on the crazy, vibrating washer as you did laundry. I remember watching you put makeup on and allowing me to put on a little lipstick, and I remember our expeditions to the thrift stores to find some “new” clothes.

 Mom and Me

You have always been my inspiration and example. You have strived to be a Godly woman. You took me to church, and you showed me through your everyday example how to read the Bible, pray, and live. Growing up, I remember seeing you sit in your chair and read your Bible early in the morning.  I didn’t know it then, but you were sparking my curiosity about spiritual things. As you fought and lived through breast cancer, I learned about keeping faith in God and never giving up. Through your perseverance and faith, and of course God's faithfulness, you, Dad, and I grew closer as a family.

 Me and Mom - College Years

Now you are still teaching me how to live, and you are always there for me even though we are in two different states. We still e-mail and talk on the phone about our daily lives, and you give me advice about life, faith, cooking, gardening, and whatever life throws at us.

Me, Mom, and Dad on their recent visit to PA

Thank you for always being there for me and for all you have done and will do. I love you and hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

 Mom's beautiful smile
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

M/Y/D/S Clipart graphicsEiffel Tower clipart from M/Y/D/S Clipart Pictures
Paris Bird Collage background from The Background Fairy